UPCOMING KINGSTON EVENTS AND NEWS

We cannot discover new oceans unless we have the courage to lose sight of the shore.  

(Orig: Andre Gide 1869-1951)

Congratulations to the Class of 2019!

 

 

KHS Athletic Boosters Meeting Minutes April 2019

KHS Athletic Booster Minutes 4/10/2019 Call to order 6:30pm Approval of Minutes March 2019 Treasurer Report approved and will be posted to Web Page Athletic Med will be fully funded with $3000 donation from Travis Pine and $1500 from Boosters Upcoming Events...

KHS Athletic Boosters Meeting Minutes March 2019

Minutes for KHSAB Meeting March 13, 2019 KHS Yellow Pod   Call to Order at 6:32 pm Officers Present:  President Dave Winn, Vice President Erin Sorensen, Treasurer Erika Reddick, Secretary Teresa Andersen Committee Chairs Present:  Spirit Wear Lisa Sindel,...

KHS Athletic Boosters Meeting minutes December 2018

KHS Athletic Boosters Meeting December 12, 2018 Board Members present:  Dave Winn, Amber Mercer, Teresa Andersen Committee Chair Members present:  Brad Andersen, Rae Winn, Arnie Lusis AC Richard Henert Coaches:  Craig Smith Proceedings: Meeting called to order at 6:25...

November 2018 Meeting Minutes

KHS Athletic Boosters Meeting November 15, 2018 Board Members Present: Dave Winn, Amber Mercer, Teresa Andersen Committee Chair Members Present:  Brad Andersen, Rae Winn, Lisa Sindel, Arnie Lusis AC Richard Henert Coaches:  Craig Smith Proceedings: Meeting called to...

October 12, 2018 Meeting

KHS Athletic Boosters Meeting  October 10, 2018    Board Members Present:  David Winn, Amber Mercer, Teresa Andersen  Committee Chair Members Present:  Brad Andersen, Lisa Sindel, Rae Winn, Arnie Lusis  AC Richard Henert  Guests:  Cheryl Bradley,...

September 12, 2018 Meeting

KHS Athletic Boosters Meeting   September 12, 2018    Board Members Present:  David Winn, Amber Mercer, Teresa Andersen, Erika Reddick  Committee Chair Members Present:  Brad Andersen, Lisa Sindel, Rae Winn, Arnie Lusis  AC Richard Henert   Guests: Cheryl...

KHS Athletic Boosters Meeting Minutes April 2019

KHS Athletic Booster Minutes 4/10/2019 Call to order 6:30pm Approval of Minutes March 2019 Treasurer Report approved and will be posted to Web Page Athletic Med will be fully funded with $3000 donation from Travis Pine and $1500 from Boosters Upcoming Events...

KHS Athletic Boosters Meeting Minutes March 2019

Minutes for KHSAB Meeting March 13, 2019 KHS Yellow Pod   Call to Order at 6:32 pm Officers Present:  President Dave Winn, Vice President Erin Sorensen, Treasurer Erika Reddick, Secretary Teresa Andersen Committee Chairs Present:  Spirit Wear Lisa Sindel,...

Photos: New golf bags and swim lane markers

The Kingston High School boosters decided to break the ice and get our athletes some recognition at the pool they share with North Kitsap High School. So the boosters funded the purchase and installation of new  burgundy and true gold swim lane markers for our swim...

Just a few Fall 2018 Programs left!

Yes,  the Graduating Seniors are on the cover, but this full color, comprehensive program has every Fall 2018 team.  Only $5. The Winter 2018 Program has gone to press, but you can  contact us at  khsabsite@gmail.com to purchase A Fall program, reserve a Winter 2018 Program or place a $25  ad for your graduating Senior in the Spring 2019 Program.

We Need Volunteers!

The KHS Boosters need volunteers for various functions and events. Visit the Volunteers page for full details and available openings.

Kingston High School Sports

Check schedules, rosters, team standings, staff, and more.

Kingston Athletic Boosters Meeting Minutes May 2019

Minutes for KHSAB Meeting

May 8, 2019

KHS Yellow Pod

 

Call to Order at 6:25 pm

Officers Present:  President David Winn, Treasurer Erika Reddick, Secretary Teresa Andersen

Committee Chairs:  Arnie Lusis (website), Brad Andersen (marketing), Rae Winn (concessions), Lisa Sindel (spirit wear)

AC Richard Henert

Guests: Rachel Strohmeyer, Erin Sorensen, Jack Simonson

Proceedings:

Election of Officers for 2019-2020

  • President Erika Reddick
  • Vice President Erin Sorensen
  • Secretary Rachel Strohmeyer
  • Interim Treasurer Erika Reddick/Erin Sorensen with possible recruitment of Teri McDaniel

Minutes from April 2019 approved

Treasurer Report approved

Account Balance $66,843.58

Upcoming Events:

  • Next Fourth of July Fun Run meeting on May 11 at 8am at Borrowed Kitchen Bakery
    • Moving forward will need a volunteer to take over the liaison with Rotary. Possible tasks include recruiting sponsors for T-shirts/signs, organizing volunteers, race setup, race day support at starting line and finish line, working on design for advertising and t-shirts
    • In the past sponsors were for T-shirts at a level of $250. In the future the proposal would be for $500 which would also include a sign in the gym or on the fence
  • Auction planning meetings may be online for awhile
    • Date of the auction is September 28. Lisa Horn will be helping
  • This is Teacher’s Appreciation week and Richard Henert has proposed that some of the excess concessions left from the year could be used for a BBQ. This could include hamburgers, drinks, chips, etc
  • Breakfast with Blitz event is occurring soon and having food in the morning for students/staff would be appreciated, perhaps fruit, granola bars, etc
  • Scholarship meeting will be Friday May 10 at 3pm with Rae and Dave Winn being the Booster representatives.

Marketing Update:

  • Moving forward will need someone to take over production of posters and programs. Brad Andersen can continue to help at least for the first cycle.  Most assistance will be needed to name students in photos, obtain accurate rosters, recruit sponsors, and do some creative writing to fill in blanks, such as articles about coaches.  Biggest piece will be promotion and sale of the programs.  Various ideas were proposed including athletes selling programs as a fundraiser

AC Report:

  • Coach appreciation party is scheduled for May 29 at Whitehorse 6:30-8:30 with plan to invite middle school coaches as well as KYSA and KHS coaches. Will try to collect wish list from coaches for next year
  • Bucs Galley power to be turned off soon so that the transformer can be replaced. Plan is for Mr Gooby to install an RV plug so that the shack can be plugged in this way.  Gooby works for Sunset Electric and is donating his time.
  • Request is made for Boosters to authorize another $4200 to complete the current uniform cycle. Request is APPROVED.

Coach Request:

  • None today

President’s Report

  • Reported under Upcoming Events

Spirit Wear:

  • Lisa Sindel will be selling beanies and scarves
  • Planning will start for ordering inventory for next year after turnover of gear is complete and final count of inventory is made

Concessions:

  • Shelley Nelson will be checking in with Rae to complete the inventory and recap of what has worked/not worked over the years
  • Handover of keys to Erika
  • New food permit will be needed before 4th of July concessions sales

Website/Facebook

  • Arnie is turning site over to the board
  • Website is needed for 4th of July signup and other events
  • GoDaddy account needs to be changed to new Visa for payment

Coming Soon: Netting for Batting cages and a Safety Barrier for Track and Soccer practice

The KHS Boosters are very pleased to announce that we have been working with Pacific Netting Products of Kingston and they have graciously donated netting for our outdoor and indoor batting cages!  The old cages were becoming dangerous and were just worn out.  Thank you PnP!

Pacific Netting Products also gave us a deal on netting that will fence off the soccer field from the pole vault and high jump areas so Boys soccer and track can practice in the same area.  As you know, Kingston does not have an alternate turf field for practice like North Kitsap does so this will be a big help for our team as well as help prevent any injuries to coaches and students. We still need to get the poles for the nets in place and our AC Richard Henert  is working with the district to try to get them in as soon as possible.

Pacific Netting Products website is:  http://www.pacificnettingproducts.com/

Photos: New golf bags and swim lane markers

The Kingston High School boosters decided to break the ice and get our athletes some recognition at the pool they share with North Kitsap High School. So the boosters funded the purchase and installation of new  burgundy and true gold swim lane markers for our swim team. The KHS boosters recently voted to support funding of new golf bags for the team, and the team took possession of the bags earlier this year. Playing with equipment that identifies you and your team adds esprit de corps and really makes a difference.  The lanes are ours …. 

 

…and these bags look SHARP.

KHS Athletic Boosters Meeting Minutes January 2019

KHS Athletic Booster Meeting

January 9, 2019

Board Members present:  Dave Winn, Teresa Andersen, Erika Reddick

Committee Chair Members present:  Arnie Lusis, Lisa Sindel, Rae Winn

AC Richard Henert;  Coaches:  None

Proceedings:

  • Meeting called to order at 6:36pm by President David Winn
  • December minutes were approved
  • Treasurer Report
    • The corrections to financials from last month have not yet been made. Lengthy discussion about how best to present the data to most clearly reflect revenue, expenses and distributions to the teams.  Sometimes accounting terms and categories, although most accurate, are not the easiest to summarize.  There is a balance between how complex the reports can be and ease of understanding money flow.  An example is “flow through” money where Boosters holds funds for other teams but is NOT part of Booster income and therefore is not seen as a distribution to the teams although Boosters do serve an important role in facilitating these fundraisers.  Agreement is to list total net assets on hand rather than cash on hand for safety and clarity.
    • Arnie Lusis wants to post financials on the website regularly so that parents and the community can see the reports. Transparency is important.  These numbers will be posted on the “splash page”
    • Payouts to teams for concessions earnings is presented
    • There are always lots of clarifications about financials. It would be best to review the financials and send questions to the Treasurer BEFORE the meeting to avoid lengthy discussions/clarifications at the meeting.  This is not a good use of time and is not fair to the Treasurer. Treasurer will try to send out financials at least 2 days before the meeting.
  • Marketing update
    • Winter programs have been printed and are now at the indoor snack shack for sale at games
    • Posters will be printed next, awaiting notification from Kingston Mail and Print
    • President proposed coming up with other venues for sale of the programs such as being sold by student athletes
    • Financial breakdown of cost of the programs will be generated by Brad Andersen so that decisions can be made about price point for the programs if it is decided that there will be an effort to sell the programs as a fund raiser for the teams who want to sell programs.
    • The Cup and Muffin sign will be hung this weekend
  • AC Report
    • Henert attended the capital funds meeting. Diving board and tennis courts were discussed but otherwise there were few major Kingston projects on the list until around 2040.  Tania Issa was in attendance, but otherwise no other  Kingston representatives. Next meeting is in the spring and more Kingston representation is encouraged.  This could include coaches, teachers, Boosters, community members, etc.
    • Limitations on large projects related to relatively small population and smaller tax base as compared to districts such as Central Kitsap. Focus is on small, steady projects so that voters are not being asked for large increases in expenditures
    • Lane markers have been ordered and should arrive by the NK meet. Plan is to try to promote this meet on the website and online
    • Still waiting on the baseball mound cover quotes.
    • HUDL is now being used by most of the teams at no cost for the teams due to higher contribution by the Boosters
    • Final quote from the District for the poles for safety netting has returned. Motion was approved for Boosters to pay half the cost for netting and poles for installation at Buc Field.  An invoice will be sent to the school and Boosters will reimburse the school
  • Presidents Report
    • Cup and Muffin sign to be hung this weekend
    • Netting will come from PNP, we will need to obtain signage to recognize the contributions of PNP
    • Netting for indoor batting cages at KMS is with Ralph
    • Building for outdoor batting cages will begin soon
    • KYSA meeting was at Pizza Factory and goal was to try to encourage mutual cooperation
      • Ideas proposed: inviting kids and parents to KHS athletic events
      • Booster tailgates with special guests
    • Café Neo is the next location for the Chamber After Hours on January 10. Boosters may sponsor the February luncheon, and cost would be around $150
  • Spirit Wear Report
    • 48 hoodies were purchased
    • Scarf and beanie order is pending input from art teacher, Mr. Andrews
    • Old T-shirts will be donated to Richard Henert and KYSA to promote Boosters
  • Concessions Report
    • Getting volunteers has been much more difficult for winter sports
    • There has been some loss of items from the indoor snack shack, so proposal was made to install a security camera. Boosters approved a motion to purchase and install a security camera at indoor concessions.  Cost will be around $150.
  • Website/Facebook
    • Still not much traffic on the website
    • Arnie is doing a great job of creating/posting content but needs more.
    • Arnie will be writing a newspaper article soon
    • Requests a list of spring sport parents, not yet available
    • Idea proposed for a “where’s Waldo” type promotion on the website where a picture of the KHS mascot would be hidden somewhere on the site and there will be a prize for the first person to find it.
  • Open Forum
    • There has been a BBQ offered for donation. Dave Winn will check it out
    • Erika proposed coming up with a coach forum to find out from the coaches how Boosters can best support them. This could occur at the end of the season coach appreciation get together
    • Discussed the idea of a college athletics forum in March. Larry Judd and the school counselors will be invited.  Parents of children who have been or are college athletes would be invited.  Target audience would be middle school and younger high school athletes
    • Next Meet the Bucs will be around March 5. Erika will be presenting
    • The meeting ended at 8:15 PM

HUDL: If you have it, they will use it

As many know, the September 2018 “raise a paddle” auction item  funded expansion of HUDL – a digital training tool that can be used to create and review video, compile stats and assess performance.  The additional funding expanded the availability of HUDL to more teams and clubs.  So far, in addition to football, basketball and baseball, HUDL has been used by Boys and Girls swim, Girls Soccer, Gymnastics, Wrestling and Cheer.  This is a great tool , and the Boosters thank all who contributed.

Kingston Athletic Boosters Meeting Minutes May 2019

Minutes for KHSAB Meeting

May 8, 2019

KHS Yellow Pod

 

Call to Order at 6:25 pm

Officers Present:  President David Winn, Treasurer Erika Reddick, Secretary Teresa Andersen

Committee Chairs:  Arnie Lusis (website), Brad Andersen (marketing), Rae Winn (concessions), Lisa Sindel (spirit wear)

AC Richard Henert

Guests: Rachel Strohmeyer, Erin Sorensen, Jack Simonson

Proceedings:

Election of Officers for 2019-2020

  • President Erika Reddick
  • Vice President Erin Sorensen
  • Secretary Rachel Strohmeyer
  • Interim Treasurer Erika Reddick/Erin Sorensen with possible recruitment of Teri McDaniel

Minutes from April 2019 approved

Treasurer Report approved

Account Balance $66,843.58

Upcoming Events:

  • Next Fourth of July Fun Run meeting on May 11 at 8am at Borrowed Kitchen Bakery
    • Moving forward will need a volunteer to take over the liaison with Rotary. Possible tasks include recruiting sponsors for T-shirts/signs, organizing volunteers, race setup, race day support at starting line and finish line, working on design for advertising and t-shirts
    • In the past sponsors were for T-shirts at a level of $250. In the future the proposal would be for $500 which would also include a sign in the gym or on the fence
  • Auction planning meetings may be online for awhile
    • Date of the auction is September 28. Lisa Horn will be helping
  • This is Teacher’s Appreciation week and Richard Henert has proposed that some of the excess concessions left from the year could be used for a BBQ. This could include hamburgers, drinks, chips, etc
  • Breakfast with Blitz event is occurring soon and having food in the morning for students/staff would be appreciated, perhaps fruit, granola bars, etc
  • Scholarship meeting will be Friday May 10 at 3pm with Rae and Dave Winn being the Booster representatives.

Marketing Update:

  • Moving forward will need someone to take over production of posters and programs. Brad Andersen can continue to help at least for the first cycle.  Most assistance will be needed to name students in photos, obtain accurate rosters, recruit sponsors, and do some creative writing to fill in blanks, such as articles about coaches.  Biggest piece will be promotion and sale of the programs.  Various ideas were proposed including athletes selling programs as a fundraiser

AC Report:

  • Coach appreciation party is scheduled for May 29 at Whitehorse 6:30-8:30 with plan to invite middle school coaches as well as KYSA and KHS coaches. Will try to collect wish list from coaches for next year
  • Bucs Galley power to be turned off soon so that the transformer can be replaced. Plan is for Mr Gooby to install an RV plug so that the shack can be plugged in this way.  Gooby works for Sunset Electric and is donating his time.
  • Request is made for Boosters to authorize another $4200 to complete the current uniform cycle. Request is APPROVED.

Coach Request:

  • None today

President’s Report

  • Reported under Upcoming Events

Spirit Wear:

  • Lisa Sindel will be selling beanies and scarves
  • Planning will start for ordering inventory for next year after turnover of gear is complete and final count of inventory is made

Concessions:

  • Shelley Nelson will be checking in with Rae to complete the inventory and recap of what has worked/not worked over the years
  • Handover of keys to Erika
  • New food permit will be needed before 4th of July concessions sales

Website/Facebook

  • Arnie is turning site over to the board
  • Website is needed for 4th of July signup and other events
  • GoDaddy account needs to be changed to new Visa for payment

Coming Soon: Netting for Batting cages and a Safety Barrier for Track and Soccer practice

The KHS Boosters are very pleased to announce that we have been working with Pacific Netting Products of Kingston and they have graciously donated netting for our outdoor and indoor batting cages!  The old cages were becoming dangerous and were just worn out.  Thank you PnP!

Pacific Netting Products also gave us a deal on netting that will fence off the soccer field from the pole vault and high jump areas so Boys soccer and track can practice in the same area.  As you know, Kingston does not have an alternate turf field for practice like North Kitsap does so this will be a big help for our team as well as help prevent any injuries to coaches and students. We still need to get the poles for the nets in place and our AC Richard Henert  is working with the district to try to get them in as soon as possible.

Pacific Netting Products website is:  http://www.pacificnettingproducts.com/

Photos: New golf bags and swim lane markers

The Kingston High School boosters decided to break the ice and get our athletes some recognition at the pool they share with North Kitsap High School. So the boosters funded the purchase and installation of new  burgundy and true gold swim lane markers for our swim team. The KHS boosters recently voted to support funding of new golf bags for the team, and the team took possession of the bags earlier this year. Playing with equipment that identifies you and your team adds esprit de corps and really makes a difference.  The lanes are ours …. 

 

…and these bags look SHARP.

KHS Athletic Boosters Meeting Minutes January 2019

KHS Athletic Booster Meeting

January 9, 2019

Board Members present:  Dave Winn, Teresa Andersen, Erika Reddick

Committee Chair Members present:  Arnie Lusis, Lisa Sindel, Rae Winn

AC Richard Henert;  Coaches:  None

Proceedings:

  • Meeting called to order at 6:36pm by President David Winn
  • December minutes were approved
  • Treasurer Report
    • The corrections to financials from last month have not yet been made. Lengthy discussion about how best to present the data to most clearly reflect revenue, expenses and distributions to the teams.  Sometimes accounting terms and categories, although most accurate, are not the easiest to summarize.  There is a balance between how complex the reports can be and ease of understanding money flow.  An example is “flow through” money where Boosters holds funds for other teams but is NOT part of Booster income and therefore is not seen as a distribution to the teams although Boosters do serve an important role in facilitating these fundraisers.  Agreement is to list total net assets on hand rather than cash on hand for safety and clarity.
    • Arnie Lusis wants to post financials on the website regularly so that parents and the community can see the reports. Transparency is important.  These numbers will be posted on the “splash page”
    • Payouts to teams for concessions earnings is presented
    • There are always lots of clarifications about financials. It would be best to review the financials and send questions to the Treasurer BEFORE the meeting to avoid lengthy discussions/clarifications at the meeting.  This is not a good use of time and is not fair to the Treasurer. Treasurer will try to send out financials at least 2 days before the meeting.
  • Marketing update
    • Winter programs have been printed and are now at the indoor snack shack for sale at games
    • Posters will be printed next, awaiting notification from Kingston Mail and Print
    • President proposed coming up with other venues for sale of the programs such as being sold by student athletes
    • Financial breakdown of cost of the programs will be generated by Brad Andersen so that decisions can be made about price point for the programs if it is decided that there will be an effort to sell the programs as a fund raiser for the teams who want to sell programs.
    • The Cup and Muffin sign will be hung this weekend
  • AC Report
    • Henert attended the capital funds meeting. Diving board and tennis courts were discussed but otherwise there were few major Kingston projects on the list until around 2040.  Tania Issa was in attendance, but otherwise no other  Kingston representatives. Next meeting is in the spring and more Kingston representation is encouraged.  This could include coaches, teachers, Boosters, community members, etc.
    • Limitations on large projects related to relatively small population and smaller tax base as compared to districts such as Central Kitsap. Focus is on small, steady projects so that voters are not being asked for large increases in expenditures
    • Lane markers have been ordered and should arrive by the NK meet. Plan is to try to promote this meet on the website and online
    • Still waiting on the baseball mound cover quotes.
    • HUDL is now being used by most of the teams at no cost for the teams due to higher contribution by the Boosters
    • Final quote from the District for the poles for safety netting has returned. Motion was approved for Boosters to pay half the cost for netting and poles for installation at Buc Field.  An invoice will be sent to the school and Boosters will reimburse the school
  • Presidents Report
    • Cup and Muffin sign to be hung this weekend
    • Netting will come from PNP, we will need to obtain signage to recognize the contributions of PNP
    • Netting for indoor batting cages at KMS is with Ralph
    • Building for outdoor batting cages will begin soon
    • KYSA meeting was at Pizza Factory and goal was to try to encourage mutual cooperation
      • Ideas proposed: inviting kids and parents to KHS athletic events
      • Booster tailgates with special guests
    • Café Neo is the next location for the Chamber After Hours on January 10. Boosters may sponsor the February luncheon, and cost would be around $150
  • Spirit Wear Report
    • 48 hoodies were purchased
    • Scarf and beanie order is pending input from art teacher, Mr. Andrews
    • Old T-shirts will be donated to Richard Henert and KYSA to promote Boosters
  • Concessions Report
    • Getting volunteers has been much more difficult for winter sports
    • There has been some loss of items from the indoor snack shack, so proposal was made to install a security camera. Boosters approved a motion to purchase and install a security camera at indoor concessions.  Cost will be around $150.
  • Website/Facebook
    • Still not much traffic on the website
    • Arnie is doing a great job of creating/posting content but needs more.
    • Arnie will be writing a newspaper article soon
    • Requests a list of spring sport parents, not yet available
    • Idea proposed for a “where’s Waldo” type promotion on the website where a picture of the KHS mascot would be hidden somewhere on the site and there will be a prize for the first person to find it.
  • Open Forum
    • There has been a BBQ offered for donation. Dave Winn will check it out
    • Erika proposed coming up with a coach forum to find out from the coaches how Boosters can best support them. This could occur at the end of the season coach appreciation get together
    • Discussed the idea of a college athletics forum in March. Larry Judd and the school counselors will be invited.  Parents of children who have been or are college athletes would be invited.  Target audience would be middle school and younger high school athletes
    • Next Meet the Bucs will be around March 5. Erika will be presenting
    • The meeting ended at 8:15 PM

HUDL: If you have it, they will use it

As many know, the September 2018 “raise a paddle” auction item  funded expansion of HUDL – a digital training tool that can be used to create and review video, compile stats and assess performance.  The additional funding expanded the availability of HUDL to more teams and clubs.  So far, in addition to football, basketball and baseball, HUDL has been used by Boys and Girls swim, Girls Soccer, Gymnastics, Wrestling and Cheer.  This is a great tool , and the Boosters thank all who contributed.

Kingston Athletic Boosters Meeting Minutes May 2019

Minutes for KHSAB Meeting

May 8, 2019

KHS Yellow Pod

 

Call to Order at 6:25 pm

Officers Present:  President David Winn, Treasurer Erika Reddick, Secretary Teresa Andersen

Committee Chairs:  Arnie Lusis (website), Brad Andersen (marketing), Rae Winn (concessions), Lisa Sindel (spirit wear)

AC Richard Henert

Guests: Rachel Strohmeyer, Erin Sorensen, Jack Simonson

Proceedings:

Election of Officers for 2019-2020

  • President Erika Reddick
  • Vice President Erin Sorensen
  • Secretary Rachel Strohmeyer
  • Interim Treasurer Erika Reddick/Erin Sorensen with possible recruitment of Teri McDaniel

Minutes from April 2019 approved

Treasurer Report approved

Account Balance $66,843.58

Upcoming Events:

  • Next Fourth of July Fun Run meeting on May 11 at 8am at Borrowed Kitchen Bakery
    • Moving forward will need a volunteer to take over the liaison with Rotary. Possible tasks include recruiting sponsors for T-shirts/signs, organizing volunteers, race setup, race day support at starting line and finish line, working on design for advertising and t-shirts
    • In the past sponsors were for T-shirts at a level of $250. In the future the proposal would be for $500 which would also include a sign in the gym or on the fence
  • Auction planning meetings may be online for awhile
    • Date of the auction is September 28. Lisa Horn will be helping
  • This is Teacher’s Appreciation week and Richard Henert has proposed that some of the excess concessions left from the year could be used for a BBQ. This could include hamburgers, drinks, chips, etc
  • Breakfast with Blitz event is occurring soon and having food in the morning for students/staff would be appreciated, perhaps fruit, granola bars, etc
  • Scholarship meeting will be Friday May 10 at 3pm with Rae and Dave Winn being the Booster representatives.

Marketing Update:

  • Moving forward will need someone to take over production of posters and programs. Brad Andersen can continue to help at least for the first cycle.  Most assistance will be needed to name students in photos, obtain accurate rosters, recruit sponsors, and do some creative writing to fill in blanks, such as articles about coaches.  Biggest piece will be promotion and sale of the programs.  Various ideas were proposed including athletes selling programs as a fundraiser

AC Report:

  • Coach appreciation party is scheduled for May 29 at Whitehorse 6:30-8:30 with plan to invite middle school coaches as well as KYSA and KHS coaches. Will try to collect wish list from coaches for next year
  • Bucs Galley power to be turned off soon so that the transformer can be replaced. Plan is for Mr Gooby to install an RV plug so that the shack can be plugged in this way.  Gooby works for Sunset Electric and is donating his time.
  • Request is made for Boosters to authorize another $4200 to complete the current uniform cycle. Request is APPROVED.

Coach Request:

  • None today

President’s Report

  • Reported under Upcoming Events

Spirit Wear:

  • Lisa Sindel will be selling beanies and scarves
  • Planning will start for ordering inventory for next year after turnover of gear is complete and final count of inventory is made

Concessions:

  • Shelley Nelson will be checking in with Rae to complete the inventory and recap of what has worked/not worked over the years
  • Handover of keys to Erika
  • New food permit will be needed before 4th of July concessions sales

Website/Facebook

  • Arnie is turning site over to the board
  • Website is needed for 4th of July signup and other events
  • GoDaddy account needs to be changed to new Visa for payment

Coming Soon: Netting for Batting cages and a Safety Barrier for Track and Soccer practice

The KHS Boosters are very pleased to announce that we have been working with Pacific Netting Products of Kingston and they have graciously donated netting for our outdoor and indoor batting cages!  The old cages were becoming dangerous and were just worn out.  Thank you PnP!

Pacific Netting Products also gave us a deal on netting that will fence off the soccer field from the pole vault and high jump areas so Boys soccer and track can practice in the same area.  As you know, Kingston does not have an alternate turf field for practice like North Kitsap does so this will be a big help for our team as well as help prevent any injuries to coaches and students. We still need to get the poles for the nets in place and our AC Richard Henert  is working with the district to try to get them in as soon as possible.

Pacific Netting Products website is:  http://www.pacificnettingproducts.com/

Photos: New golf bags and swim lane markers

The Kingston High School boosters decided to break the ice and get our athletes some recognition at the pool they share with North Kitsap High School. So the boosters funded the purchase and installation of new  burgundy and true gold swim lane markers for our swim team. The KHS boosters recently voted to support funding of new golf bags for the team, and the team took possession of the bags earlier this year. Playing with equipment that identifies you and your team adds esprit de corps and really makes a difference.  The lanes are ours …. 

 

…and these bags look SHARP.

KHS Athletic Boosters Meeting Minutes January 2019

KHS Athletic Booster Meeting

January 9, 2019

Board Members present:  Dave Winn, Teresa Andersen, Erika Reddick

Committee Chair Members present:  Arnie Lusis, Lisa Sindel, Rae Winn

AC Richard Henert;  Coaches:  None

Proceedings:

  • Meeting called to order at 6:36pm by President David Winn
  • December minutes were approved
  • Treasurer Report
    • The corrections to financials from last month have not yet been made. Lengthy discussion about how best to present the data to most clearly reflect revenue, expenses and distributions to the teams.  Sometimes accounting terms and categories, although most accurate, are not the easiest to summarize.  There is a balance between how complex the reports can be and ease of understanding money flow.  An example is “flow through” money where Boosters holds funds for other teams but is NOT part of Booster income and therefore is not seen as a distribution to the teams although Boosters do serve an important role in facilitating these fundraisers.  Agreement is to list total net assets on hand rather than cash on hand for safety and clarity.
    • Arnie Lusis wants to post financials on the website regularly so that parents and the community can see the reports. Transparency is important.  These numbers will be posted on the “splash page”
    • Payouts to teams for concessions earnings is presented
    • There are always lots of clarifications about financials. It would be best to review the financials and send questions to the Treasurer BEFORE the meeting to avoid lengthy discussions/clarifications at the meeting.  This is not a good use of time and is not fair to the Treasurer. Treasurer will try to send out financials at least 2 days before the meeting.
  • Marketing update
    • Winter programs have been printed and are now at the indoor snack shack for sale at games
    • Posters will be printed next, awaiting notification from Kingston Mail and Print
    • President proposed coming up with other venues for sale of the programs such as being sold by student athletes
    • Financial breakdown of cost of the programs will be generated by Brad Andersen so that decisions can be made about price point for the programs if it is decided that there will be an effort to sell the programs as a fund raiser for the teams who want to sell programs.
    • The Cup and Muffin sign will be hung this weekend
  • AC Report
    • Henert attended the capital funds meeting. Diving board and tennis courts were discussed but otherwise there were few major Kingston projects on the list until around 2040.  Tania Issa was in attendance, but otherwise no other  Kingston representatives. Next meeting is in the spring and more Kingston representation is encouraged.  This could include coaches, teachers, Boosters, community members, etc.
    • Limitations on large projects related to relatively small population and smaller tax base as compared to districts such as Central Kitsap. Focus is on small, steady projects so that voters are not being asked for large increases in expenditures
    • Lane markers have been ordered and should arrive by the NK meet. Plan is to try to promote this meet on the website and online
    • Still waiting on the baseball mound cover quotes.
    • HUDL is now being used by most of the teams at no cost for the teams due to higher contribution by the Boosters
    • Final quote from the District for the poles for safety netting has returned. Motion was approved for Boosters to pay half the cost for netting and poles for installation at Buc Field.  An invoice will be sent to the school and Boosters will reimburse the school
  • Presidents Report
    • Cup and Muffin sign to be hung this weekend
    • Netting will come from PNP, we will need to obtain signage to recognize the contributions of PNP
    • Netting for indoor batting cages at KMS is with Ralph
    • Building for outdoor batting cages will begin soon
    • KYSA meeting was at Pizza Factory and goal was to try to encourage mutual cooperation
      • Ideas proposed: inviting kids and parents to KHS athletic events
      • Booster tailgates with special guests
    • Café Neo is the next location for the Chamber After Hours on January 10. Boosters may sponsor the February luncheon, and cost would be around $150
  • Spirit Wear Report
    • 48 hoodies were purchased
    • Scarf and beanie order is pending input from art teacher, Mr. Andrews
    • Old T-shirts will be donated to Richard Henert and KYSA to promote Boosters
  • Concessions Report
    • Getting volunteers has been much more difficult for winter sports
    • There has been some loss of items from the indoor snack shack, so proposal was made to install a security camera. Boosters approved a motion to purchase and install a security camera at indoor concessions.  Cost will be around $150.
  • Website/Facebook
    • Still not much traffic on the website
    • Arnie is doing a great job of creating/posting content but needs more.
    • Arnie will be writing a newspaper article soon
    • Requests a list of spring sport parents, not yet available
    • Idea proposed for a “where’s Waldo” type promotion on the website where a picture of the KHS mascot would be hidden somewhere on the site and there will be a prize for the first person to find it.
  • Open Forum
    • There has been a BBQ offered for donation. Dave Winn will check it out
    • Erika proposed coming up with a coach forum to find out from the coaches how Boosters can best support them. This could occur at the end of the season coach appreciation get together
    • Discussed the idea of a college athletics forum in March. Larry Judd and the school counselors will be invited.  Parents of children who have been or are college athletes would be invited.  Target audience would be middle school and younger high school athletes
    • Next Meet the Bucs will be around March 5. Erika will be presenting
    • The meeting ended at 8:15 PM

HUDL: If you have it, they will use it

As many know, the September 2018 “raise a paddle” auction item  funded expansion of HUDL – a digital training tool that can be used to create and review video, compile stats and assess performance.  The additional funding expanded the availability of HUDL to more teams and clubs.  So far, in addition to football, basketball and baseball, HUDL has been used by Boys and Girls swim, Girls Soccer, Gymnastics, Wrestling and Cheer.  This is a great tool , and the Boosters thank all who contributed.

Kingston Athletic Boosters Meeting Minutes May 2019

Minutes for KHSAB Meeting

May 8, 2019

KHS Yellow Pod

 

Call to Order at 6:25 pm

Officers Present:  President David Winn, Treasurer Erika Reddick, Secretary Teresa Andersen

Committee Chairs:  Arnie Lusis (website), Brad Andersen (marketing), Rae Winn (concessions), Lisa Sindel (spirit wear)

AC Richard Henert

Guests: Rachel Strohmeyer, Erin Sorensen, Jack Simonson

Proceedings:

Election of Officers for 2019-2020

  • President Erika Reddick
  • Vice President Erin Sorensen
  • Secretary Rachel Strohmeyer
  • Interim Treasurer Erika Reddick/Erin Sorensen with possible recruitment of Teri McDaniel

Minutes from April 2019 approved

Treasurer Report approved

Account Balance $66,843.58

Upcoming Events:

  • Next Fourth of July Fun Run meeting on May 11 at 8am at Borrowed Kitchen Bakery
    • Moving forward will need a volunteer to take over the liaison with Rotary. Possible tasks include recruiting sponsors for T-shirts/signs, organizing volunteers, race setup, race day support at starting line and finish line, working on design for advertising and t-shirts
    • In the past sponsors were for T-shirts at a level of $250. In the future the proposal would be for $500 which would also include a sign in the gym or on the fence
  • Auction planning meetings may be online for awhile
    • Date of the auction is September 28. Lisa Horn will be helping
  • This is Teacher’s Appreciation week and Richard Henert has proposed that some of the excess concessions left from the year could be used for a BBQ. This could include hamburgers, drinks, chips, etc
  • Breakfast with Blitz event is occurring soon and having food in the morning for students/staff would be appreciated, perhaps fruit, granola bars, etc
  • Scholarship meeting will be Friday May 10 at 3pm with Rae and Dave Winn being the Booster representatives.

Marketing Update:

  • Moving forward will need someone to take over production of posters and programs. Brad Andersen can continue to help at least for the first cycle.  Most assistance will be needed to name students in photos, obtain accurate rosters, recruit sponsors, and do some creative writing to fill in blanks, such as articles about coaches.  Biggest piece will be promotion and sale of the programs.  Various ideas were proposed including athletes selling programs as a fundraiser

AC Report:

  • Coach appreciation party is scheduled for May 29 at Whitehorse 6:30-8:30 with plan to invite middle school coaches as well as KYSA and KHS coaches. Will try to collect wish list from coaches for next year
  • Bucs Galley power to be turned off soon so that the transformer can be replaced. Plan is for Mr Gooby to install an RV plug so that the shack can be plugged in this way.  Gooby works for Sunset Electric and is donating his time.
  • Request is made for Boosters to authorize another $4200 to complete the current uniform cycle. Request is APPROVED.

Coach Request:

  • None today

President’s Report

  • Reported under Upcoming Events

Spirit Wear:

  • Lisa Sindel will be selling beanies and scarves
  • Planning will start for ordering inventory for next year after turnover of gear is complete and final count of inventory is made

Concessions:

  • Shelley Nelson will be checking in with Rae to complete the inventory and recap of what has worked/not worked over the years
  • Handover of keys to Erika
  • New food permit will be needed before 4th of July concessions sales

Website/Facebook

  • Arnie is turning site over to the board
  • Website is needed for 4th of July signup and other events
  • GoDaddy account needs to be changed to new Visa for payment

Coming Soon: Netting for Batting cages and a Safety Barrier for Track and Soccer practice

The KHS Boosters are very pleased to announce that we have been working with Pacific Netting Products of Kingston and they have graciously donated netting for our outdoor and indoor batting cages!  The old cages were becoming dangerous and were just worn out.  Thank you PnP!

Pacific Netting Products also gave us a deal on netting that will fence off the soccer field from the pole vault and high jump areas so Boys soccer and track can practice in the same area.  As you know, Kingston does not have an alternate turf field for practice like North Kitsap does so this will be a big help for our team as well as help prevent any injuries to coaches and students. We still need to get the poles for the nets in place and our AC Richard Henert  is working with the district to try to get them in as soon as possible.

Pacific Netting Products website is:  http://www.pacificnettingproducts.com/

Photos: New golf bags and swim lane markers

The Kingston High School boosters decided to break the ice and get our athletes some recognition at the pool they share with North Kitsap High School. So the boosters funded the purchase and installation of new  burgundy and true gold swim lane markers for our swim team. The KHS boosters recently voted to support funding of new golf bags for the team, and the team took possession of the bags earlier this year. Playing with equipment that identifies you and your team adds esprit de corps and really makes a difference.  The lanes are ours …. 

 

…and these bags look SHARP.

KHS Athletic Boosters Meeting Minutes January 2019

KHS Athletic Booster Meeting

January 9, 2019

Board Members present:  Dave Winn, Teresa Andersen, Erika Reddick

Committee Chair Members present:  Arnie Lusis, Lisa Sindel, Rae Winn

AC Richard Henert;  Coaches:  None

Proceedings:

  • Meeting called to order at 6:36pm by President David Winn
  • December minutes were approved
  • Treasurer Report
    • The corrections to financials from last month have not yet been made. Lengthy discussion about how best to present the data to most clearly reflect revenue, expenses and distributions to the teams.  Sometimes accounting terms and categories, although most accurate, are not the easiest to summarize.  There is a balance between how complex the reports can be and ease of understanding money flow.  An example is “flow through” money where Boosters holds funds for other teams but is NOT part of Booster income and therefore is not seen as a distribution to the teams although Boosters do serve an important role in facilitating these fundraisers.  Agreement is to list total net assets on hand rather than cash on hand for safety and clarity.
    • Arnie Lusis wants to post financials on the website regularly so that parents and the community can see the reports. Transparency is important.  These numbers will be posted on the “splash page”
    • Payouts to teams for concessions earnings is presented
    • There are always lots of clarifications about financials. It would be best to review the financials and send questions to the Treasurer BEFORE the meeting to avoid lengthy discussions/clarifications at the meeting.  This is not a good use of time and is not fair to the Treasurer. Treasurer will try to send out financials at least 2 days before the meeting.
  • Marketing update
    • Winter programs have been printed and are now at the indoor snack shack for sale at games
    • Posters will be printed next, awaiting notification from Kingston Mail and Print
    • President proposed coming up with other venues for sale of the programs such as being sold by student athletes
    • Financial breakdown of cost of the programs will be generated by Brad Andersen so that decisions can be made about price point for the programs if it is decided that there will be an effort to sell the programs as a fund raiser for the teams who want to sell programs.
    • The Cup and Muffin sign will be hung this weekend
  • AC Report
    • Henert attended the capital funds meeting. Diving board and tennis courts were discussed but otherwise there were few major Kingston projects on the list until around 2040.  Tania Issa was in attendance, but otherwise no other  Kingston representatives. Next meeting is in the spring and more Kingston representation is encouraged.  This could include coaches, teachers, Boosters, community members, etc.
    • Limitations on large projects related to relatively small population and smaller tax base as compared to districts such as Central Kitsap. Focus is on small, steady projects so that voters are not being asked for large increases in expenditures
    • Lane markers have been ordered and should arrive by the NK meet. Plan is to try to promote this meet on the website and online
    • Still waiting on the baseball mound cover quotes.
    • HUDL is now being used by most of the teams at no cost for the teams due to higher contribution by the Boosters
    • Final quote from the District for the poles for safety netting has returned. Motion was approved for Boosters to pay half the cost for netting and poles for installation at Buc Field.  An invoice will be sent to the school and Boosters will reimburse the school
  • Presidents Report
    • Cup and Muffin sign to be hung this weekend
    • Netting will come from PNP, we will need to obtain signage to recognize the contributions of PNP
    • Netting for indoor batting cages at KMS is with Ralph
    • Building for outdoor batting cages will begin soon
    • KYSA meeting was at Pizza Factory and goal was to try to encourage mutual cooperation
      • Ideas proposed: inviting kids and parents to KHS athletic events
      • Booster tailgates with special guests
    • Café Neo is the next location for the Chamber After Hours on January 10. Boosters may sponsor the February luncheon, and cost would be around $150
  • Spirit Wear Report
    • 48 hoodies were purchased
    • Scarf and beanie order is pending input from art teacher, Mr. Andrews
    • Old T-shirts will be donated to Richard Henert and KYSA to promote Boosters
  • Concessions Report
    • Getting volunteers has been much more difficult for winter sports
    • There has been some loss of items from the indoor snack shack, so proposal was made to install a security camera. Boosters approved a motion to purchase and install a security camera at indoor concessions.  Cost will be around $150.
  • Website/Facebook
    • Still not much traffic on the website
    • Arnie is doing a great job of creating/posting content but needs more.
    • Arnie will be writing a newspaper article soon
    • Requests a list of spring sport parents, not yet available
    • Idea proposed for a “where’s Waldo” type promotion on the website where a picture of the KHS mascot would be hidden somewhere on the site and there will be a prize for the first person to find it.
  • Open Forum
    • There has been a BBQ offered for donation. Dave Winn will check it out
    • Erika proposed coming up with a coach forum to find out from the coaches how Boosters can best support them. This could occur at the end of the season coach appreciation get together
    • Discussed the idea of a college athletics forum in March. Larry Judd and the school counselors will be invited.  Parents of children who have been or are college athletes would be invited.  Target audience would be middle school and younger high school athletes
    • Next Meet the Bucs will be around March 5. Erika will be presenting
    • The meeting ended at 8:15 PM

HUDL: If you have it, they will use it

As many know, the September 2018 “raise a paddle” auction item  funded expansion of HUDL – a digital training tool that can be used to create and review video, compile stats and assess performance.  The additional funding expanded the availability of HUDL to more teams and clubs.  So far, in addition to football, basketball and baseball, HUDL has been used by Boys and Girls swim, Girls Soccer, Gymnastics, Wrestling and Cheer.  This is a great tool , and the Boosters thank all who contributed.

Share This